Monday, May 13, 2013

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM!

Well as usual I am a little late, but then Mom would have just laughed and said "better late than never".  Yesterday was Mother's Day and mine was missing.  Oh I guess I should say missing in the physical way.  Mom is always with me and I catch myself asking her more and more questions in my mind.

This was another holiday that we had to get through, but Mom wouldn't have wanted us to morn or cry because she wasn't here with us.  She would tell us to take care of what we have and always be good to everyone we meet and not to worry about her for she was dancing in the heavens with Daddy.

So I guess that is why I'm having trouble sleeping tonight.  I miss the days that I could go and sit with her and tell her what all of the grand-kids were doing in their busy lives.  What Tom and Phil were doing with their jobs and music and talk and laugh with her about making my Guinny another sleeping blanket for the living room.

Times have changed.  I think about going to Leavenworth to see her, I plan trips to go down to get something from her or to take her something. I catch myself reaching for the telephone to call and ask her about something.  I haven't cooked in the crock pot since she has left us because I no longer have to plan her meals. Life has changed and on these special days I really notice it.

As for me, I had a really good Mother's Day. First of all Ashley sent  me a text this morning wishing me a "Happy Mother's Day".   Jason called from Virginia and wished me a happy one.  He and Nikki also sent me a very special gift of a pocket watch with a picture of Robert E Lee on it.  He does know my love for the south.  Georgette brought me flowers from the Maur-Hill Mount Academy flower sale and they are now planted in the window box outside of the dinning room.  Marie brought Ryan over with a plant that hangs out on the porch that is really pretty. I got hugs and kisses from both of my little guys and was even told that I'm the best Grandma ever.  What more could you ask for.

But Mom was missing and I know that if she could, she would give me that look of her's and tell me that I need to get over it and move on.  That we are all on this earth for a period of time and that when she left to be with Daddy it was her time.  So now at 3:00 am when I should be in bed, I'm on the computer, but then that is something that I got from her because she use to roam around the house all hours of the night and she use to do her best sewing at two and three a.m.

So Mom, thanks for always being there for me and with me.  I Love you.  Happy Mother's Day.





No comments:

Post a Comment